Monday, March 29, 2010

Quick Apple Bundles (or other fruit)

The recipes is actually called "Quick Apple Bundles" I have made them this way and turned out great. The family gobbled them up. I then decided to try other fruits and they also became a hit.
(If you need this emailed to you let me know)

Makes 4 Servings (I use both packages so Makes 8 Servings)
Prep Time:10 Min
Bake Time:20 Min

1/2 package refrigerated pie crusts ( I use the whole package)
1 Can Comstock Cinnamon Apples ( I have used Cherry, Peach) Also frozen berries drained
1 egg white, lightly beaten
Raw Sugar
1 (12oz) jar of butterscotch or caramel topping
1 Tbsp. Bourbon (Optional) (Used only when using apples but I sometimes leave out)
Chopped pecans

1. Preheat oven to 425 Degrees. Unroll pie crust on a lightly floured surface. Cut pie crust into fourths. Divide apples among the four (or 8) pieces, placing the fruit in the center. Pull the corners over the fruit, the pinch the edges to seal. (Make like a little purse with the edges up at the top). Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush with egg white, and sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.

2. Meanwhile, stir together butterscotch or caramel topping and if desired bourbon in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 30 seconds; stir. Serve over the apples (I only use the topping when I make apple bundles) Then sprinkle with chopped pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment