Monday, March 29, 2010

Baked Spaghetti

This recipe happens to come from a newer cookbook I got several months ago. The Comfort Food Diet. As we all need comfort food and Greg and I need to keep to our diet what more could I have asked for..

Here is what you will need:

1 package (16oz) spaghetti noodles

1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef ( I used some left over ground beef from dinner last night & added 3 mild Italian sausage from the freezer) Turned out better I think.

1 medium Onion, Chopped

1/2 cup green bell pepper ( I don't use as no one likes these)

1 can (10-3/4oz) Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup, Undiluted

1 can (10-3/4oz) Condensed Tomato Soup, Undiluted

1 can (8oz) Tomato Sauce

1 Cup Water

1 Teaspoon Salt

1 Teaspoon dried basil

1 Teaspoon dried Oregano

1/2 Teaspoon dried Marjoram

1/2 Teaspoon dried Rosemary, Crushed

1/8 Teaspoon Garlic Salt

1 Cup (4oz) Shredded Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, Divided


1. Break spaghetti in half; cook according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a dutch oven (I used a skillet) cook beef (and/or/both Italian sausage) onion, pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain any liquid. Stir in the soups, tomato sauce, water, spices.

2. Drain spaghetti; stir in meat sauce and 1/2 cup cheese. Add to a 13x9 inch greased baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

Serve with a nice tossed salad and if you wish a slice of garlic. Nice glass of red wine.


Nutritional Facts:
1 cup equals 313 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.

Like with any of my postings please let me know if you tried a recipe and if you liked it or not or if you changed things around I would love to hear any and ALL comments.

Tomorrow I have planned a sesame steak stir fry will let you how it turns out. Much love and blessings to you, your family and your cooking...

No comments:

Post a Comment