Monday, March 29, 2010

Cashew-Orange Chicken

Well we started out this vacation (Saturday Actually) with a craving for Chinese Food. My heart craved homemade but my mind instantly decided to pick up the phone and call Pick Up Stix...Well the heart is always stronger then the mind...(Sometimes) So I cracked open the dust bunny covered cookbook (Actually wasn't dusty but thought it would express how long it has been since I used them).

I have found myself enjoy the food network show "Semi-Homemade" I have a cookbook of hers and found a great EASY recipe for Cashew Orange Chicken. Then a quick run to Costco to buy a bag of Pot stickers and TaDa Chinese food.

Cashew Orange Chicken

1 Tablespoon minced Ginger (Gourmet Garden Tube made it very easy in produce case)
1 Tablespoon crushed Garlic
1 Bottle (11.75oz) Stir-Fry Sauce (Kikkoman)
2 Tablespoons Orange Juice Concentrate
1/3 Cup Thinly Sliced Green Onions
6 Small Dried Hot Red Chile Peppers (Optional) I didn't use
2 Pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut diagonally into 1/2inch pieces.
(I used boneless, skinless chicken tenders I had in freezer they defrost faster)

For The Stir Fry:

1/4 Cup Peanut Oil
1 Cup Cashew Halves
1 Tablespoon Orange Marmalade
1 Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil

You can marinade the chicken if you have time. I didn't and it turned out great.

1. For the marinade, place ginger, garlic, stir-fry sauce, Orange juice concentrate, green onions, chilies (optional) in a large zip lock bag. Gently massage bag to combine ingredients. Add chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator 8 to 24 hours. When ready to cook remove chicken, reserving marinade, set aside.

2. For the stir-fry, over high heat, in a large skillet or wok, heat oil. Add chicken and stir fry for 2 to 3 min or until almost cooked through. Drain off extra oil.

3. Add the reserved marinade, cashew, and orange marmalade; stir fry for an additional 2 minutes or until heated through. Drizzle with sesame oil just before serving.

Makes 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment