Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chicken Artichoke and Rice Casserole


(My Picture)
Looks almost as good as the recipe blog picture I think

Well all your prayers, my prayers and sending me some luck worked...I accomplished my first casserole...Thank you goes out to the blog of Mennonite girls can cook Your recipe was so easy to follow and the helpful hints with the white sauce made it so quick and easy. Thank you!!!

It turned out so good. We love artichoke hearts so I went with the 2 cans as it was called for 1 to 2 and I used their suggestion of undiluted cream of chicken soup instead of making my own white sauce as I was short on time.

I also made my first NON plain white bread. I used the box mix of sourdough and it turned out ok didn't rise as much as I thought it should but tasted great with the casserole, as I timed it to be done as soon as casserole was done. So hot buttered sourdough was a nice touch to complete dinner.

Stay tuned for more posts of our cooking's. Who knows what we will be cooking up next. Tomorrow is another day off and a rainy day so maybe I will break out the cookbooks again. Hope and pray all is well with you and if you have time drop us a line, or send us a recipe to try and post...
GOD BLESS

No comments:

Post a Comment