Monday, June 8, 2009

Easy Baked Potato Soup:Recipe Of The Week (6/1/09 to 6/7/09)

Yields: 10 servings (2 1/2 quarts)

3 to 4 Medium Baking Potatoes, Baked
5 Bacon Strips, diced
2 cans (10 3/4 oz. each) Condensed Cream of Potato Soup, undiluted
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Condensed Cheedar Cheese Soup, undiluted
3 1/2 cups Milk
2 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder (I add a small handful of dehydrated minced onion as I dont have Onion Powder)
1/4 tsp. PepperDash Liquid Smoke (optional) (I haven't been adding this)
1 Cup (8 oz) Sour Cream
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

1. Peel and dice the baked potatoes; set aside. In a soup kettle, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 tsp drippings.

2. Add the soups, milk, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder (or dehydrated onion), pepper, Liquid smoke (if desired) and reserved potatoes and drippings. Cook uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream; cook for 1-2 minutes until heated through (do not boil).

Garnish with cheddar cheese and bacon.

My Mom had requested I put the recipe for "Easy Baked Potato Soup" that I love to make and made some for our pastor at church to put in freezer and defrost for a quick dinner. The recipe is in a magazine I bought called "Taste of Home. Heartwarming Soups" this recipe is from a lady in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I tried the soup tonight, was GREAT. I followed the recipe like you did. But I put some smoked paprika and some fresh basil and parsley. I didn't read all the way to the end and put the bacon in the soup, instead of a garnish. It was wonderful anyway..
    Thanks for posting it for me.
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete